Regional Emergency Medical Service
Regional EMS (REMS) is a joint-venture partnership between the McLaren Health System, a Flint Michigan based hospital system and Community EMS, Inc (CEMS), a not for profit ambulance service based in Southfield Michigan.
Started in January of 1996, REMS now serves the communities of:
- Genesee Township
- Mundy Township
- Support services to other communities throughout Genesee County.
REMS is a community oriented provider. Our not-for-profit status allows us to partner with the citizens we serve to access healthcare, regardless of their ability to pay. Regional EMS is committed to providing quality emergency and non-emergency pre-hospital care and medical transportation.
In addition to employing quality, empathetic technicians, REMS has advanced the use of technology in the field with the implementation of several tools designed to improve on the delivery of care including:
- Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs)
- Automated Vehicle Locators (AVLs)
- Electronic Patient Care Reporting (ePCRs)
- The only MRI safe ventilator available in the county
- DriveCam™ technology in all vehicles
In conjunction with its parent company (CEMS), REMS has undergone a $500,000 upgrade to its dispatch center to continue improvements in the area of call taking and distribution of information.